Agape Community Services 375-9120
-- Emergency source for food, gasoline, and utilities for needy families.
Behavioral Advancements 375-7090
- Mental Health Service provider.
Career Link 371-0250
- Employment assistance and training opportunities.
Cen- Clear Child Services (Mental Health) 1-877-341-5845
- Offers CHAMPS, Family Based Mental Health, Family Services,Psychological Services, NYPUM, Independent Living, Therapeutic Recreation, Functional Family Therapy, Maintaining Strengths, and Family Unity Program.
Cen- Clear Head Start- Clearfield 1-800-525-KIDS
- Offers Early Head Start, Step by Step, Head Start, Head Start Supplemental
(DuBois Area School District only), and Full Day/Full Year Head Start
Central PA Community Action 1-800-822-2610
- Food, clothing, shelter, transportation, housing, budgeting and other services to help families through a crisis.
* Child Care Information Services- Clearfield County 1-800-442-5800
- Assist in securing childcare services.
* Child Care Information Services- Jefferson County 1-800-648-3381
- Assist in securing child care services.
Children’s Aid Society 765-2686
- Provide youth development services including child care, Big Brother/Big Sister program, parenting services
* Clearfield County Assistance Office 1-800-521-9218
- Provides assistance for medical, financial, food, housing, job training, and utilities needs.
*Clearfield County Children Youth and Family Services 765-1541
- Provides services for children and families in Clearfield County.
*Clearfield County Juvenile Probation 765-2641
- Provides monitoring services for clients. Collects fines, costs, and restitution payments that criminal defendants have been assessed.
Clearfield/Jefferson Community Mental Health Center 371-1100
- Outpatient counseling services.
Clearfield/Jefferson Drug and Alcohol Commission 371-9002
- Provide prevention and case management services for people in need of drug and alcohol treatment.
Clearfield/Jefferson Mental Health/Mental Retardation 265-1060
- Case management services designed to meet the developmental needs of the child. The professional locates, coordinates, and monitors services for the child.
- Domestic Violence Shelter
DuBois Counseling Center 371-1088
- Provider of outpatient, family, individual, and wraparound services.
DuBois Housing Authority 371-2290
- Contact for housing support.
DuBois Ministerial Food Pantry 371-4750
- Contact for food needs.
Goodwill Retail Store 371-4038
- Used furniture, clothing, toys, books, household items that may be purchased at a lower cost.
Haven House 371-0333
-Emergency shelter for families.
Hope for Victims of Violence 1-800-773-1223
- Domestic Violence Shelter.
Jeff-Clarion Head Start, Inc. 1-800-628-6150
- Provides Education, Transition, Disabilities Services, Health/Nutrition, Mental Health, Parent Involvement, and Social Services programs.
*Jefferson County Assistance Office 1-800-242-8214
- Provides medical, financial, food, housing, job training, and utilities assistance.
*Jefferson County Children, Youth, and Family Services 849-3696
- Provides services for children and families in Jefferson County.
Jefferson County Even Start/ Family Literacy 1-888-745-7323
- A free, educational program that works with entire family. Parent may attend adult education services and parent sessions at center locations or receive educational services in their home. Children may participate in literacy based activities.
*Jefferson County Housing Authority 938-7140
- Assistance in finding affordable housing.
*Jefferson County Juvenile Probation 849-5222
- Provides programs of supervision, care, and rehabilitation to enable children to become responsible and productive members of the community.
*Laurel Legal Services (Jefferson County) 1-800-475-1240
-Free legal representation to low-income clients in Armstrong, Cambria, Clarion, Indiana, Jefferson, and Westmoreland counties.
Marian House Emergency Shelter 765-5646
- Provides shelter for women and children only (boys to age 12).
Mentor Parent Program 1-888-447-1431
- Provide information on understanding the rights as a parent as they relate to special education laws.
Mercy Mission—Young People Who Care 765-6811
- Used clothing outlet.
MidPenn Legal Services (Clearfield) 1-800-326-9177
- Provide legal services to low-income persons in 18 counties including Clearfield.
Office of Vocational Rehabilitation 1-800-922-4017
- Services for persons with disabilities.
Project Rapport 371-0613
- Provides support services for pregnant teens.
- Crises intervention and counseling to victims of rape/sexual assault/child sexual abuse.
Salvation Army - DuBois 371-5320; Clearfield 765-4981; Punxsutawney 938-5530
--Provides disaster relief services, day care centers, summer camps, holiday assistance, services for the aging, AIDS education, medical facilities, shelters for battered women and children, family and career counseling, vocational training, correction services, and substance abuse rehabilitation.
Social Security Administration 1-800-772-1213
- Provide assistance in applying for social security benefits and replacing social security cards.
Women, Infants, and Children- WIC -- DuBois 375-9060; Punxsutawney 938-7602
- Assists in improving the health of eligible pregnant women, new mothers, and children by providing nutrition education, breast feeding support, healthy foods, and referrals to health and social programs.